Share your calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac:
Applies To: Office for business Office 365 Small Business Outlook 2016 for Mac
- At the bottom of the navigation pane, click Calendar.
- Select the calendar you want to share.
- On the Organize tab, click Calendar Permissions.
NOTE: If the Open Shared Calendar or Calendar Permissions buttons are unavailable, you might need to change one of your settings. See You cannot open a shared calendar in Outlook 2016 for Mac for instructions.
- In the Calendar Properties box, click Add User.
- In the Search box, type the name of the person you want to share your calendar with.
- When you see their name appear in the list, click it and then click Add.
TIP: Their name will show up in the Calendar Properties box.
- In the Calendar Properties box, click the Permission Level down arrow, and choose the permission level to assign to the person you added. Note that the default Read, Write, Delete, and Other options change based on the permission level you choose.
- Check the boxes that apply in the Read, Write, Delete, and Other sections, and then click OK.
Permission levels defined:
You can grant different permission levels to different individuals. The default is free/busy, which shows your free/busy status in the scheduling assistant. In order for Mac users to see your calendar, they'll need to be assigned the Reviewer permission level.
This table explains the privileges that are associated with each permission level.
Recipient of shared calendar...
||Is blocked from reading anything on the shared calendar
|Time, subject, location
||Can see the time, subject, and location of meetings and appointments on the shared calendar
||Can see when you are free and busy but no other details
||Can read everything on your calendar
||Can create meetings and appointments on your calendar
||Can create a folder under the shared calendar. This is a place where you can schedule appointments but not meetings.
||Edit meetings and appointments they created but not those created by the person sharing the calendar
||Edit all meetings, appointments, and folder contents regardless of who created them
||Is blocked from deleting anything on the shared calendar
||Can delete meetings and appointments they created but not those created by the person sharing the calendar
||Delete all meetings, appointments, and folder contents regardless of who created them
||View the folder (or sub-calendar).
||Receive messages about a public folder and resolve duplication or overwrite issues.
||Add, edit, and remove appointments.