1) Please visit: the [Google Two-Step Verification Page] and sign into your G-Suite or Gmail account.
Note: If you are already signed in, you might have to re-enter your password more than once during this process for verification purposes.
2) You will be prompted to Get Started, click it to proceed:
3) Next, enter your cell phone number starting with the area code, then click next:
4) Check your mobile phone for a text message with your 6-digit Google Verification Code, enter it where it says Enter the Code and click next:
Note: If you don't receive a text message within a minute or two, you may have the service resend you another 6-digit Google Verification Code.
5) If you entered your code correctly, you will be presented with the following page. Please proceed by clicking Turn On:
6) Once 2-Step Verification has been turned on, scroll down towards the bottom of the page to setup an alternative second step called Authenticator App, then click setup:
7) Select the type of device you have (Android or iPhone), then click next:
8) You will be presented with the following screen to add your G-Suite or Gmail account to your Authenticator App:
First, download the Google Authenticator for your device:
Download for Android Devices:
Download for Apple Devices:
9) Once installed, launch the application, read or skip through the beginning tutorial and proceed by adding your first account. Click the Scan a Barcode option:
10) Use your phone to scan the barcode presented on the screen. Once your phone has successfully scanned the barcode, press done:
11) Next, enter the 6-digit code you see on your phone, then click verify, then click done:
You have now successfully added an additional level of security to your G-Suite or Gmail account by adding Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) to your login method. Anytime you are required to login to your account, you will be presented with the following screen after you have entered your username and password. As per the directions above, open the Google Authenticator app on your phone, and provide the 6-digit code to proceed with your login, then click done.
You will also receive an email from Google Services notifying you that 2-Step Verification has been turned on for your account. Please read through it and follow the directions.
For further assistance with adding, or re-adding your G Suite mailbox to your mobile device after 2-Step Verification has been enabled, please click the link below: