The Easy way to Migrate all of a user's customizations from AutoCAD or AutoCAD LT to the new workstation. This should catch just about all modifications including plotter settings.
*** IF MULTIPLE USERS SHARE A MACHINE YOU WILL NEED TO DO THIS FOR EACH USER!***
1) Open the start menu go to Autodesk, choose the App you want to migrate from and hit the Export AutoCAD XXXX Settings.
2) Export Custom settings window appears. This exports all settings into a compact zip file that can be re-imported on the new system. You can migrate this into a newer version.
3) Save the exported zip to a network location or flash drive so you can access it when on the new workstation.
4) Now on the new workstation, simply use the Import AutoCAD XXXX Settings utility and import the settings zip. This places all the configurations automatically and should be all that is needed.
5) Open AutoCAD and have the user test. They should be set! Many companies save these settings in a central repository and assign them to new users/employees when they start so they have the same base profile in CAD.