- Create new Agent procedure
- Use either GetUrl (Download from the internet via URL, use "Wait for Completion" to ensure the file is done downloading before the procedure keeps going) or WriteFile (Transfer directly from the VSA's server ManagedFiles) to transfer the file to the endpoint.
- If Msi installer, use installMSI command with the switches for Quiet Install and Do not restart set to True
- If exe installer, research vendor's documentation to find switches for silent install and use executeShellCommand. In the below screenshot, we used the switches /q and /w as found in this documentation article: https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/dwg-trueview/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/How-to-install-DWG-Trueview-silently-enforcing-a-restart.html
In this example we had to use a different combination of switches to get the install working. You may have to try different combinations depending of the vendor and executable.
- Use DeleteFile command to cleanup the software instal file after the script is done.
Example of procedure to deploy an MSI with download link from the internet: